Jun 22, 2013

Walk through the flower market at Qutub.

 Soon after I first went to the famous flower market of Hanuman Mandir for the first time, the market was closed and moved. The flower market was somewhere around Gazipur and it seemed an impossible task to go there.
I have always loved flowers and my first walk though (actually second, first was Dadar market in Mumbai) left me fascinated. I wanted to keep going back there. However, with commonwealth games in picture, the security of the city became very important and therefore, pushed all such markets out of the town.
I was quite disheartened but couldn’t do much. For next one year I didn’t know of any new market where I could go, until on my way to office I saw this market from the metro. Next time, when I was driving down the lane I took a note of that place.
What – A flower market
Where – Walking distance from Qutub Minar metro station.
Why – If you love standing at florists shop. This is the hub.
So now that I knew this place, my conversations seized when I reached around that place and my eyes searched the area. Almost a year later I got the opportunity to there once.
The place is great, that is if you do not expecting the proper paved area. It is more earthy and natural. It can get dirt, as the shop owners throw water. But here, they are available all day. You will not find a huge collection of variety of flowers but the fragrance is worth it.
There is a different beauty in the flower wrapped together, dumped in buckets or pots. They look natural. They look as if they belong there. Flowers to me do not look same when arranged in a neat bunch and kept in the vase. The poly packing and the ribbon (not to forget the sprays) take away their beauty.
If you are a flower like me, you can spend almost an hour there. Treat your eyes and nose with variety of flowers. And if you have someone special in mind, bargain a big bunch of their favorite flower for a rate you’ll be surprised at.

4 comments:

  1. I am a flower too but a cactus one !! :)
    your article inspires me to pay a visit in the market

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exclusive markets for flowers are a treat to eyes and nose. :)
    Nice description. I wish to visit one now.

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)