Jul 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is the second last day of the Ultimate Blog Challenge (Yipeee!!!), and the most challenging day in the entire month. I have been on road since 5 am and the day is almost about to end. I caught cold and have a pathetic headache since noon. I didn’t have my laptop and my phone constantly had low battery alarm. (Thanks to the maps on smartphone). Therefore, here I am, managing to put a small post just before the deadline.

Well, let me make a confession. Today’s post is not only important because of the challenge. Today’s post is a must because it is special someone’s birthday. The special someone, who has given me my life, the one who has given me birth, the one whom I called “Mom”.

My mother has just turned 50. Actually that’s quite young for a mother of two and a grandmother of a child (that’s my niece). She was born in a small town and got married to a small town. I have no idea about her life before her marriage but all I know that she has had a fun, normal life of any Indian small town girl.

She got married very early in life, at the age of 20. And soon after that she had us. My father has always been a supporting husband. With great pain, she ensured that both of us got good education and therefore, making herself headstrong she put us into boarding at a very young age. She rebelled with my grandparents for us to get that.

Her biggest achievement was to pursue her dream. Of course that was from support of my family but to pursue the dreams that one stored for her teens post child birth is very rare in rural India. (Many of you will know what I mean) She learnt Kathak and sanskrit in her 30s. After practicing the same for 6 years she learnt the art and the language to some extent.

The writer in me is gifted to me in genes as my mother writes too. She is my dance tutor, my reading advisor, and my spiritual mentor along with being my mother who fights, shouts, orders, screams and loves me.

As she is a human, of course she errs. She has her flaws and problems but on her birthday today I want to confess that no matter where I am, she’ll be first idol, my hero.

“Ma you are the best. Happy birthday”

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you mother! What a lovely post to honor such an important person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. birthday wishes to your mother :) your love for your mom is well brought out in your words :) and advance congrats on completing the ultimate blog challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing your mother the happiest of birthdays! Congratulations on completing the UBC which sounds like it has given you a few added technical challenges, too. Why not ask your mother to tell you about her life before she got married? Personally, I love that kind of storytelling and keeping family history alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your mom. My hero too is my mom and irrespective of the flaws and wrongs, I contnue to admire and worship her. I do not have a right to point out her flaws and wrongs as she is human and I absorb all of them all her love for me overlooks these petty things. God bless us Sugnadha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loads of gud wishes for ur mom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loads of wishes for your mom..:D :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. आपकी माताजी के जन्मदिवस पर उनको ढेर सारी शुभकामनाएँ !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy B'day To you Mother.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday to your mother!! and I am so happy despite all hurdles you made it :-) the UBC challenge has such stringing along!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)