Aug 18, 2013

My blog is being noticed... Yipee!

Did you hear something? No? Not at all? Well…let me tell you what I can hear… I can hear drum rolls.

Why? Because one amateur blogger is celebrating her blog and that amateur blogger is me :)

I have earlier talked about how I came back to blogging after a long break and this time I was determined. I made a promise to write and write, even if no one read it.

But the problem is I am a Leo. If any of you readers are Leo you know about the problem. We love attention. We are people’s people and cannot mind our own business ever. And importantly though we never admit we need approvals and appraisals. At least I do.
So well, being a Leo that I am, I wouldn’t write a line in my personal diary without thinking that someday someone might read it so here we are talking about a blog.

Many of you, who have been supportive through and through know some of my attention seeking post. Two months back, I pleaded to “I don’t know whom” through my post “Koi to mera blog padho”. I was desperate over daily views and kept wondering and studying how my page views went up and down (also blogged about it)

Then came the UBC. I got the push, and challenged myself to finish the challenge. Writing a post each day, posting it and then sharing it at indiblogger and facebook. I somehow managed to survive the challenge.

However, (another Leo trait) I wasn’t happy with the number of views. Some of my post would go totally ignored and I once again felt sad. At the same time, I would see posts on the homepage of indiblogger with 40-90 votes under “today’s popular posts” and the Leo in me would think…when?

Great men have said patience is one of the biggest virtues. So here I was, patiently writing, posting, reading, commenting and voting. But if I had some real patience, I wouldn’t be a Leo.

Well! It was Friday morning when I opened my browser and indiblogger in the office, I saw one of my posts up there (Yeah, I open blog pages before I open my outlook). I was elated.

Yesterday was Saturday, I woke up late and started with my Saturday ritual of idling in front of my browser, and there I saw the second one. I jumped out of my bed and did a small dance out of happiness.

And finally it was today…today evening I saw my post up on the most popular list for a while.

This time I couldn’t control. I decided to celebrate, and there is no better way to celebrate than writing about it.

So here I am, blowing my own trumpet about how my little amateur blog has created an existence of its own. (of course, I haven’t won an award) and there are many whose posts are permanently up there but this was a milestone moment for me and a feeling of small happiness that I wanted to share with all my friends here.

41 comments:

  1. Wow, I guess congratulations are in the order. Good work, keep it up, get noticed, get your voice heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sugandha. and blow your own trumpet. you deserve it. keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats :) good works will definitely get noticed .. i too saw one of mine 5 days back .. wasn't expecting it either !

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats.. keep writing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I am a new blogger and I don't get much readership. I wonder when will my post be on the most popular list, if ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pankti I used to feel the same...i have read ur posts..they are good..keep writing.

      Delete
  6. Congrats :) I know how you feel when blogging becomes an obsession :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats..Even i can derive inspiration from this

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of blogger have same feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats..and many more to come..Good Luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. haaa.. haaa.. interesting post.. congrats.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of us have the same feeling :( :D
    Still waiting for one of my post to be up there...

    Dropping by : Writing on the go

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! It must be a great feeling i am sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sugandha,
    Yes it sure does feel good to be noticed! Congratulations to you, your perseverance paid off. As for my blog I am still waiting.....and watching....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never thought that way though but wud like to feel in your shoes. Great going n rocK more.

    http://neoimaginations.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neo it feels great, afterall we write to be read.

      Delete
  15. It definitely feels great when someone's work is noticed and acclaimed critically :)

    Congratulations :)

    http://simplysaid22.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Critically...i dont know...but yes it feels good when our work gets acknowledged.

      Delete
  16. Woohoo ... that calls for a little celebration ... btw I love your blog .. I come often here :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love you Sangeeta...Jokes apart, thanks my dear...i have been writing every day for two months and it feels great when i am encouraged.

      Delete
  17. Hey...sugandha....I feel the same feel u feel :) new to blogging..I am thrilled every time i get a mail saying someone promoted my post and just to see my first indi rank...lol..I can just imagine how u felt when your blog made top blogs list...awesome :) congrats! Really happy for u..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks preethi, comments from you and others make me feel that am not the only one...of course we write to be read and am happy to know that most of us feel the same way.

      Delete
  18. it feels good to be in the indichart .. I remember your post mera blog padho .. and i did come up with unwanted tips too ...interestingly u forgot mine :D hahahaha no worries .. :D this is no time to complain .. this is the time to say .. loads to come and may God Bless the Leo inside you with all the recognition and love from your readers as much that you start beating the all time toppers of Indi .. :)
    Congratulations yet again !! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...I havent really forgotten them. I have almost incorporated them as Mantra...read and comment...thats part of my life now.
      Thank you for good wishes!

      and dont u think it is time to give the second tip?

      Delete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)