Sep 25, 2013

Day 28 – Bel Canto by Ann Patchett

As the last days of this project come closer, I bring to you more of those books from my bookshelf which are kept under a section called special. It maybe the content, narration, my relation to the book or some XYZ random reason…but these books are the ones about which I can launch into an explanation as soon as someone pick them up.

Bel Canto by Ann Patchett is also a book from the same list. It is one of the most engrossing romance/thriller novels I have ever read.

The book was released in 2001 and has won several prizes including the Orange Prize for fiction.

It revolves around the people held as hostages in Vice Presidential house while they were at a party. In this group of people there is a Chairman of large Japanese company and an American singer.

The story is short but detailed, and as a reader I had no problem visualizing the author’s imagination. It is a love story, but not entirely. It is a thriller but not brutal. It has romance but not girly.

It is a very neutral, very beautiful book that concludes without you having to make an effort to try to finish it. My rating – 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)