Sep 30, 2013

Letter unsent - letter to my darling sister

My dear Vani,

I got a prompt to write a letter to my sibling/closest cousin and well! I could only think of you.

With our age difference and lives in different hostels, we hardly ever spent our childhood together. My memory of our childhood together is mostly limited to summer breaks where all of us would meet once a year under the roof of our mother’s childhood home.

When you shifted to Delhi in order to complete your graduation, my first thought of that was of indifference. However, after initial shock (on your part) and indifference (on my part) we graduated to being more friends than sisters.

In last five years, I have shared with you all my secrets and embarrassing stories. I have had so much fun staying up late, eating/munching and chatting. I love the memories of times I spent walking around the GK market with you. Especially the winter evenings, with a coffee cup in hand, endless conversations while we took rounds of the park.

Last couple of years; you haven’t been as close as earlier in terms of actual distance but it hasn’t made much difference. For all I know, you are the first person I would call if I am extremely happy or extremely distressed. And we both know that it is both ways.

My dear sister, I have never said it in so many words, but you mean a lot to me. I love you. I would like to assure you once again that I am there if you ever need me. You can count on me like I can.

Love you,
Sugandha

13 comments:

  1. Sugandha, this is a very sweet letter.Sisters are really close to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sisters do gel well Sugandha. This is really a sweet letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sweet letter. My sister is my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a sweet letter to your sister Vani. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. True and touching! Your sister will call you at once when she reads it. I can relate a lot of my feelings here.

    Esp. I got to thank the technology in today's era which had given so many sisters and daughters what they had never before. The feelings of staying in touch though miles apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uma...she indeed did. I had an hour long chat with her, till I got tired of her talks...but it was fun.
      I agree totally about the technology.

      Delete
  6. Sisters are the best ever. I have one too and she means the world to me. The feelings in your post so resonate with mine :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...sisters make such wonderful best friends.

      Delete
  7. Love this sweet unsent letter. Siblings do bond over time:)

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)