Sep 4, 2013

Seven things that I hate in myself

Or I’ll put it like this…seven things I am trying to change in me.

More than once, I blame my nature and behavior to my zodiac sign. I am a Leo and being one I have certain good and bad issues with my personality. There are a few without which my life would be happier. Probably listing them down and getting to read will help.
1. Anger – No I don’t break glasses and plates in anger but I am highly short tempered. My anger can be ignited by smallest of misbehavior/unpleasantness. But it comes as quickly as it goes. I have a technical fault. I faint if I get too angry over something. Therefore, I struggle and try to keep my calm as much as possible.

2. Attention span – I have the shortest attention span in the world. I feel lost in a conversation within minutes of getting into it. I lose interest in half a story and it is really a challenge for everyone around me to have my complete attention.

3. Multi-task – One would think that why is that so. I am an efficient at multitasking. However, it many times leads to problem two – lack of attention. I need to talk, check my phone, check social network, plan my work, read a blog at the same time. Therefore, more than once I end up doing a halfhearted work.

4. Talk – Well, before I am a Leo, I am a girl. And man! I can talk. At times in middle of the conversation I realize that I am yapping for long without anyone really listening to me and my mind screams – zip up your mouth!

5. Approval – Another Leo trait. We are people’s people. We need approval from known and unknown. Our friends, family, colleagues and absolute strangers need to approve my decision, my beliefs, my choice and even my blog.

6. Love – Now that is a weird problem. Why is that a problem? I don’t think it’s a Leo problem. It is a problem that I or I’d say many of us forgets “I” in “we”. When I am in love with someone my choice of food, beverage, clothes, lifestyle changes as per his likes. It reminds me of the movie runaway brined where choice of her egg changed as per her boyfriend.

7. Independence – I get sudden bouts of feel self-sustainable, independent woman and make some rash decisions that I end up regretting. Frankly speaking, I live quite an independent life. I mean I live alone, earn my own money, have super understanding parents, not really anyone to answer to…but suddenly at times I feel the need to feel a fresh air of independence which results in putting myself or others around me in trouble.

All said and done, I still love myself. As I always like to put it… “I am a human in making”.

P.s. talking of attention span and mulit-task - I have read three blogs, wrote two mails, spoke to mom, did a work call, chatted with my colleague, played a game of candy crush, and changed the last three heads twice while writing this post :/ :p

Read the post from Day 3 - Seven arguments for and against my country

36 comments:

  1. Attention span... guess should include in my list too. And about multitasking I blame it on been a Gemini. The sign of duality and multitasking.
    And your P.S. ... thats a LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does all this apply for Libra as well? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son has all the above mentioned qualities and he is a Leo.

    I remember , "The fault , dear Brutus lies not in you, but in your stars."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to each and every point except for 6 and 7 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you can relate to attention span...you will understand why the order changed suddenly...

      Delete
  5. i share most of these qualities too. even thou i am a Virgo.. esp the anger.. it leaves as fast as it comes.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...seems I should no longer blame these characterstics to being Leo...

      Delete
    2. Am a virgo too...anger.. .absolutely :) and sugandha can totally agree to the approval and talking bit. :) and u seem to be a great job multitasking

      Delete
    3. wow...I feel surprised at the number of people who can relate to one or another...

      Delete
  6. I am u except the #3, 4 and 5 points.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One and Four plus Six hold true for me:) I'm a cancer, lol:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read similar post by you if I remember correctly.

      Delete
  8. Yayee....HiFi from another Leo.Guess am late.I was about to write the same theme in one of my blogs...Never-mind!!Its as good as reading about my ownself.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dev...you should do it...comments on this post has convinced me that it isnt a leo trait.

      Delete
  9. Approval...I am some of that sort, but these days I am being strict to myself.Trying to be my own judge...I appreciate the honesty of your post. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck with that Shelly...Honestly no matter how hard I try I can't do without enough approvals.

      Delete
  10. Either there is some dna issue or we are all born the same way! all points mapped madame :D

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have al these traits too. But I am a Sagittarian. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quoting Richa...probably we all are born same way...

      Delete
  12. oh my..we are so alike!! im a leo too...and i have all of these traits, except too much anger (now) after being a mom to two kids, i've lost most of my anger and am quite patient now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, being single I can afford to have as much anger as possible...

      Delete
  13. one requires courage to point out flaws in self and then put it across for people to see - commendable

    you can check my post here -
    Karan - Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karan...I guess I am lucky with courage in that sense.

      Delete
  14. Pretty small list, I must say :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its great to interact with an amateur astrologer. Please share your opinion about Cancer. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Astrologer??No way...It is easy to blame it on stars ;)

      Delete
  16. Love yourself the way you are and that is the best I can say,We all have good and bad traits but they are ours,isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, some of the things you hate in yourself are very lovable traits :)

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)