Oct 22, 2013

Party - 100 words on Saturday

They had called for a party. All dressed up in best clothes, wore party caps and gathered there at sharp eight.
I looked at each of them and saw how nice they looked. They smiled and nodded when our eyes met. Some of them I saw for the first time, maybe they were new comer, or I had simply not noticed them. There were few who were missing.

I knew it was my last day there. My doctors had given up on me and as per my last wish; the hospital had organized a party for all fellow cancer patients.



100 Words on Saturday - Write Tribe

This post is written on the prompt "I knew it was my last day there".
I intended to write a happy post, but in the end, dedicated it to young cancer patients. This is a piece of fiction.

29 comments:

  1. Sad, in a perfect world there would be no suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was brave of this character to do it. I have lost a loved one to Cancer and I know how scary this whole thing is....:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I didnt intend to make anyone sad, but it so happened.

      Delete
  3. Oh! Sad!
    But loved your take on the prompt! Very different! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow very sad, but nice writing. And thanks for sharing write tribe. I found a new writing motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A morbid story.Not all can summon such courage to take leave in this fashion.But it was different and after all a tale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sad and touching ... :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written but sad as well. Hope, she reaches unblemished happiness in her new world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well written... a sad topic but unfortunately a reality today :|

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lost one of my friend who was suffering from cancer.... Ur post reminded of him.. His last few words before I left from there was... I wish I had few more days with me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sugandha, Really well-written! Sad but true...
    It hits the reader! We get to know why a few were missing & about the newcomers...
    Thanks for the nice prompt you suggested. Even I wrote 100 words on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leaving on a happy note.. How many are brave enough to do this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont know...but lets hope no one has to leave this world like this :(

      Delete
  12. A bitter reality... put up very nicely
    ...and thanks for suggesting such wonderful prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sad but a totally touching story sugandha.... well done !!

    www.blogatcynthia.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)