Oct 31, 2013

UBC Day 30 - Confrontation - 28

Sushant sat next to Priya, ensuring that she got through the meeting without a single tear.

Nitin sat opposite them, looking at his daughter and playing with her. After a while, Nitin requested if Sushant would leave them alone for a while.

Priya looked at him expectantly. Sushant nodded reassuringly and left.

Nitin pulled his seat forward. He held her hand and gave it a light squeeze. Priya couldn’t bear the touch. She slowly pulled his hands backward.

Nitin slowly began, “Priya, Navya is very cute. She looks exactly like what I thought her to be. From the day I have known that I have a daughter, I have always imagined her to look as pretty as you and indeed she is.”

Priya could see that his eyes were moist. She had prayed so much that Nitin could see their daughter and today seeing him as he kissed and held her, Priya couldn’t control her emotions.

“Nitin, I waited for this moment for so long. When you left me and went without telling, I wanted to end my life. But it was for her, I survived.”

As if waiting for this clue, he replied “I am sorry. I told you the same the other day. I know it has been really difficult for you and you can’t forgive me so easily but all I want to tell you is that please think about it.”

“I have forgiven you already. You needn’t apologize now.” Priya said, not really believing in her words.

“Then accept me back. I know you haven’t moved on. I have been a jerk but I have learnt my lesson. I am now settled here, as you always wanted. I am not doing great, since my business is a start-up but being here, close to you and my daughter is good enough.” Nitin continued, caressing Navya’s back who was now sleeping peacefully in her pram.

“Why should I? And what is the guarantee that you won’t disappear again? Most importantly, who told you that I haven’t moved on?” Priya argued.

Nitin shifted in his seat and thought for a second before replying. Then he began. “Firstly Priya, you should because you love me as much as I do. Second, you should because we have a daughter now. Knowing you, nothing will make you happier than seeing Navya grow up in a complete family rather than with her father’s absence. I won’t leave you because I have learnt my lesson and now looking at this angel face, I realize I was a fool. Being a father is a wonderful feeling, I don’t want to miss it. And most importantly how do I know that you haven’t moved on…”

He paused, waiting for Priya to register and then said, “Because you haven’t said yes to Sushant. We all know Sushant has loved you all along and you both have been best of friends. Still you haven’t said yes to his proposal, is my assurance that you haven’t.”


He waited for a reaction and when he didn’t get any, he leaned ahead and said “Marry me Priya.”

4 comments:

  1. Well he has a point doesn't he? Boy oh boy, she didn't rush into marrying someone else true but Nitin had hurt her terribly...so why would she? Talk about leaving the poor girl in a state of confusion. I wonder what her answer will be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God! A dilemma it is for her!

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)