Oct 31, 2013

UBC Day 31 - Clarity - 30

It was two a.m. but Priya could still not sleep. She sat there, looking at her daughter and hoped that her next step was going to be right one.

She sat there, browsing on her laptop, idling, as thoughts reeled in her mind. She opened her diary and read the notes from last few months.

In an attempt to empty some space in her head, she scribbled in her diary. She wrote about all that she had just been through, about the confusion and confession of her true feelings.

At the end of it, she had resolved. She opened a new email and created a draft.

Dear Nitin,

It is no secret that I love you. I have loved you ever since I have known you and I still do. It is true that you were my first love and I might never be able to love anyone as much as I love you.

It is right that you can make a wonderful father. Seeing you with Navya warms my heart. I have wanted it for long, and now that it can happen it gives me a pleasure to think of her secured future.

Like I have told you, I have forgiven you. And I say this, with all my heart. Yes it was bad of you to have left me and go, but like you said life has taught you a lesson. I agree that you have changed. I can see it in your eyes.

It is also right that I have dreamt about our marriage for more than three years now. And today, when you proposed, I can see that my dreams can eventually come true.

But there is one thing you made me realize today. I am over you. I didn’t realize it when, but now if I think of all the above, I have lost the appetite. I no longer crave to be there with you, marry you, or love you.

And Yes, I love Sushant. Maybe not as much as I loved you, but I do. And what is more important is he loves me. Yes I might not get the world I dreamt of, but I will be happy. I am taking a leap of faith and I hope everything will be alright.

Regarding Navya, she will remain your daughter. When you picked her in your arms, I could see that you really love her, and I won’t try to stop her from meeting you. You are welcome to meet her if you want.

I will be moving now. I wish you good luck and don’t worry, you will do well.

Love,
Priya

She sent the mail without proofing, ensuring that she did so before her heart changed.

And then, she checked her messages, searched for Sushant’s flight details, booked herself on the same flight and forwarded the confirmation to Sushant.

She leaned to kiss her daughter before going to bed when her phone beeped. The message read, 
“Will you marry me?

Love, Sushant :)” 

10 comments:

  1. Awwww. .. She will say yes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she made the right choice. Seriously I do. Nitin walked away when she needed him most. She had to learn to go on without him and she did. Good for her. She was lucky. She found true love with Sushant. Someone who seems to love her unconditionally. This has been one amazing story. I hope that she will be forever happy with Sushant. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Kathy :) you have been such a support.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!! I loved the narrative. And in my head I pictures everything, right down to the last lines. Wonderfully written!!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am glad you could. Thank you :) looking forward to your mail

      Delete
  4. Awww!!!! LOVED reading this story, Sugandha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb finale !! loved the series !! Well done, Sugandha :)

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)