Nov 24, 2013

Of what I didn't see

She had made me promise that I will not turn back and look at her one last time. I was leaving her and I didn’t know will I ever be back or not. I felt sad to leave her so soon but she displayed amazing strength. She smiled and packed my bags, proud of me and my duty.
I remembered her to be teary when my dad went for his postings and I felt a little jealous at her zeal to pack my things.

I hugged and left. Had I looked back, I would have seen her wiping her tears.
                                                             -------------------------


I have always been proud of our Army men. Although, I do not support wars, I have always admired the courage to take lives and give lives for nation. The hostile weather, rigorous schedule and distances from loved ones. I admire the mothers who let their sons join army. Salute to all those mothers who put up a brave face for the sake of their nation.

Based on prompt "Had I looked back"  for 100 words on Saturday by Write Tribe. The prompt this week has been provided by Nischala Murthy.

37 comments:

  1. Good one.. and I agree. The men who choose to be in the army truly deserve our respect and gratitude. As you said, it isnt about supporting wars... it is about the sacrifice they - and their families - make so we strangers can sleep in peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roshan. I completely agree with what you say.

      Delete
  2. Sad one. Salute to our soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely written.Seeing off the dear and near ones to the war front is tough indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the last line was touching. I admire the defence force. I too do not support wars. in a war nobody really wins but only losers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Kalpana....but it is not only about wars...

      Delete
  5. Such strength families have to let their loved ones go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one. And agree with you. It needs immense courage and love for the country to be part of the army. Beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sugandha such a beautifully executed prompt post. And yes army moms are tough nut to crack ...

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm from a family of Army, Air Force and Naval men. This was so beautifully expressed. The war time is one scary time for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful take on the prompt. I can't imagine sending my son off to war. It would be awful. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats wonderfully written and yes we should salute their strength

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even I admire this courage that is shown by the families of men from the Forces. A tough decision, a tough life! Wonderful take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes a true story in the life of every army personnel. A lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I dont know any closely, but I am sure it must be.

      Delete
  13. lovely post, indeed the families endure way too much, but say way too little. they accept it as a part of life. good one

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely!!
    I always think that the families and loved ones of our Army are so strong and courageous...
    I don't support war either, but I do respect our Jawans for guarding our country with their lives...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. A big salute to our Jawans, unsung heroes who sacrifice their families so that we can sleep well at night.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Big salute to all the super Army Moms, !!! Jawans who really sacrficed their valuble lives...!!!
    Real Tough Life and certainly a tough situations.
    Nicely written
    Super Like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice story in so few words and that too working on a cue.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know a small mistake in a short piece can look severe? "Looked backed" is taking away every credit from your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Abhra thank you a ton. I as usual don't proof read, and this was typo that I didnt notice.

      Delete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)