Dec 10, 2013

7 reasons for books versus E-books.

I love Books. I believe that became more than evident when I took up the project of 30 days 30 book reviews. But as much as I love books, I dislike E-books. On this particular day, Prompt assigned by Write Tribe for Festival of Words, I took a step back and tried to find reasons to this dislike.

1. I love smelling books. The smell of pages and glue itself is magical for me, and I cannot smell my e-reader. It will be weird.

2. Books don’t get discharged. In the world of endless gadgets that occupy all the socket space in my house, I am left with no space to charge my e-reader. As a result, every time I want to pick up to read, I am left with a switched off gadget.

3. I love collecting book. I have a huge bookshelf which has various hard bound and paper backs. I can’t imagine all my books on my e-reader.

4. Believe me or not, I find the whole concept of buying an E-book a waste. I have tried to buy a few earlier but lost them by deleting.

5. Several E-books come with a restriction on sharing. Since, I feel that I should encourage as many to read a book as I can, I hate it when I cannot share them.

6. I have been asked by my ophthalmologist to avoid strain on my eye. Another reason for me to pick a book over an E-book.

7. I have a relationship with each of my book. I like to take them around, flaunt them, enjoy when people enquire about them. In case of E books, I can’t do that sadly.



What is your relationship with your books? E-books or books, what are your preferences?

Linking to NaBloPoMo - 



15 comments:

  1. i totally agree to this... i know people say having an e-reader makes it easier to carry hundreds of books on the go but you cant take away the feeling of a dog-eared book from me.. i still prefer books as well.

    My take on the 'Book' prompt was http://www.godyears.net/2013/12/things-i-overhead-while-talking-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too prefer books but recently started with e-books and am still in the exploring stage. but i prefer the feel of the smooth pages of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am not big on e-books.. I prefer the paper books may be because thats what I grew up with! And nodded right through

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't help but nod through each of those points :) Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bingo, u just said it! I too can't live with E-book and gimme the scent of a book anyday. I have huge stack of books and the shelf is not enough to accommodate all of of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A physical copy of the book it is, any day. All your reasons resonate with mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that am writing something that many can link up with

      Delete
  7. I would pick a physical copy of a book any day, any place to an electronic version. I like to hold the book and turn the pages. Well said! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like physical books but everyone who asks about the book i am reading are in this digital world only. Also it really comes through when you are not in your house! I agree with the sharing point though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope what you are saying is true, I am yet to understand working on a kindle

      Delete
  9. Agreeing with you 100%. Nothing could win over the real books. :)

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)