Dec 8, 2013

Memories of the year that’s about to end

2013 has been a wonderful year, and I feel that there is no better way to start the Write Tribe festival than to write down seven wonderful memories of this year.

1. 8th January, 2013 my niece was born. She is an apple of my eye. I have never loved kids as such until I saw her. I adore her. She is the only person in the world whom I love even when she is naughty.

2. We celebrated my uncle’s 25th marriage anniversary and my niece’s baby shower back to back. It was so much fun. One of the best weeks I had.

3. April, 2013 I began blogging. Once again. It felt wonderful. I began with a lot of apprehensions but received plenty compliments and encouragement to continue.

4. This summers, I got inked. I carry a tattoo that says Love Faith Hope.

5. I completed two successful years at work. I resigned earlier this year, but thankfully I stayed back.

6. I met someone fabulous. No, not all people we meet remain with us for all our lives but little time that we spend with those wonderful people changes our life.

7. My best friend got married. It was a mixed feeling to see a friend who sat next to me in school, sitting next to the guy she got married to.

I hope 2013 has been a good year for you too and 2014 brings more happiness in all our lives.


What is your favorite memory of 2013?


This post is written for Write Tribe's festival of words 2. Theme for day 1 is Memories.

Linking it to NaBloPoMo.

28 comments:

  1. That's a great list. Tattoos.. Wow. Touchwood to 2014. Hope it's even better for you than this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been having one heck of a year :) Hope 2014's even better....and thanks for sharing those moments with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too...yes! 2013 has been memorable in many ways

      Delete
  3. Nice idea! Some great memories - hope the year ahead has even better ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne. And a big thanks for creating this prompt.

      Delete
  4. Some great memories to take away to a new year... And waiting for a tattoo picture and post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely memories of 2013. Keep the faith and 2014 gonna rock:)
    www.vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely memories of 2013!!
    I hope 2014 turns out to be equally special for you...

    My most poignant memory of 2013 - the day I walked without a limp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely memories from 2013. Hope 2014 is a good one for you. So pleased I found you here in cyberspace. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy I feel the same. It is lovely knowing you :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely list of memories that you have had in 2013. Here's hoping that this list grows more in the coming years...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your list and I suppose the best memory of this past year would be picking up the crates that contained my memoir - hot off the press

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Sugandha a tattoo - now that's really brave. great list for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  11. an eventful and amazing year!! wishes for a wonderful 2014....my best memory of 2013 is of my first vacation with my daughter who is 2 years old. was an amazing experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2013 has had a few ups and downs... but the best memory was from a few days ago, one a bit personal to share yet.
    So for now, let me say , the book launch in Bangalore of Ten Shades of Life and getting my first car was a prized memory.

    My take on the prompt: http://www.godyears.net/2013/12/memories-those-bloody-juniors.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. And congratulations on new car :)

      Delete
  13. Lovely set. One that we all should do at this time of the year. More like a round up for 365 days...

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan. Let me ask Corinne if should would put up a link

      Delete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)