Mar 5, 2014

Book Review - To kill a mocking bird

I recently finished reading “To kill a Mocking bird” (50th edition) by Harper Lee and the prompt for review has come just in time. Yes, it is astonishing that I had not read this book for so long. But even though they keep telling that don’t judge a book by its cover; I do so more often than not and end up delaying many reads like that.

When I began reading the book, I had to force myself to keep going. I was surprised that how people liked it. But when I shared my thoughts with others, many said that they felt the same thing and I must not give up.


The story revolves around an eight year old girl Scout and her brother Jem. Their obsession with a neighbor who never stepped out of his house was sometime hilarious, sometime boring. As the story goes along, the case of negro alleged for a rape evolves the characters and makes the story gripping.

The second half of the book is so gripping that it was tough for me to put down. A tale so innocent yet so profound, is a wonderful mix which rightly makes it a bestseller for many years.

My rating for book is 4 out of 5.
-------------------

Linking it to Write Tribe Festival of words Day 3 and the prompt today is Book review.

Have you found Shades of Life on Facebook yet? Please check it out here

Please take out time to read more about the featured blogger for the month of March "Aditi Kaushiva" here.

Also, check out the post by a non-blogger who penned down her feeling.

Guests are always welcomed at Shades of Life. Drop me a line at sugandha118@gmail.com and I would love to share your thoughts here.






20 comments:

  1. One of my favourite books for sure! I love how the story is set out and all the characters and themes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is in my "to be read" list, I will try to read is asap! Nice review by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, Sugandha. I'm stranded where you once were, the ' how did people like it' area.... I guess I should push myself to read further and get the grip of it eventually, thanks for that !:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to inch forward slowly, you will be glad you did it...

      Delete
  4. My all all time favourite is this one!! and you have done a fab review of it :D

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one amazing book. Glad you read it to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I have not read it yet. Will do soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a brilliant book, and like Richa, it's one of my all-time favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a brilliant book. Its also one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not an easy book to read, but worth the effort. The theme remains relevant even today in many countries.

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)