Apr 8, 2014

Reviews A to Z – Five reasons for Goodreads

Yesterday I shared about a library that helped me read when I didn’t have enough money to regularly buy books. There is another website which now helps me plan my reading list. It is Goodreads.


My reasons to like it are pretty simple.

1. Challenge – I absolutely love Goodreads reading challenge. It gives me the push that I need.

2. Reviews – Most book reviews at Goodreads is genuine and not paid. I have come across several negative reviews for certain bestsellers. It helps me form an opinion of my own.

3. To-read shelf – It reminds me of a website I earlier used. Shelfari. This helps me remember my books to buy when I log in to flipkart or walk in to the book store.

4. Recommendation – GoodReads recommends a wide spectrum of books based on read or wish list. It’s software detects the genre and recommends similar books. A good thing is that if I rate a book below three, it doesn’t include it in recommendation list.

5. App – Lastly I love the mobile app by Goodreads. It is light and quick. It is like my own list of books with me at all points.


My experience with Goodreads is thumbs up :)



-------------------
Linking it to UBC and A to Z challenge.

Have you found Shades of Life on Facebook yet? Please check it out here

Please take out time to read more about the featured blogger for the month of April here.

Guests are always welcomed at Shades of Life. Drop me a line at sugandha118@gmail.com and I would love to share your thoughts here.



30 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I love goodreads too :)
    Shalzzz|Loving Life
    Check out my latest at TaleofTwoTomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post Sugandha, Goodreads is indeed a gr8 help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodreads is godsent!! I love it!

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Goodreads too..and speaking of that I now remembered how much I'm lagging behind in reading!

    Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was using it mostly to compile my list of books that are important to me for some reason or other, never really did anything else with this app. But maybe I will now after reading this post :)

    Beauty Interprets, Expresses, Manifests the Eternal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Goodreads too for all the reasons you mentioned here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a "NEAT" app sugandha. I too love it but was not able to enter or finish any challenges but a lovely site to share reviews adn read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from A/Z; I haven't done much with Goodreads, but after your review of them, I'm going to take more of a look at it. I'm always looking for good books to read!

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a great tool to keep track of things! :) Returning your visit from A-Z! :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for introducing me to Goodreads. Thanks also for dropping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. It is nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, I agree about goodreads. I use it to organize what I want to read, what I'm reading--and what I've read, and I can track which books I still need to leave review for. I give it a thumbs up too. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Informative post. I love Goodreads too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodreads gets a definite thumbs up! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love Goodreads! I've been tracking my reading for several years now, and it's so great to have that information available to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started using it recently though, but I love it.

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the information :)
    It was a useful post, as i didnt know much abt it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ananya...I hope you can put it into use.

      Delete
  16. I like goodreads; I haven't had much time to really give it the attention it deserves. Thanks for reminding me that I should find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, I love it too :) We should be friends there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have an account on Goodreads but dont use it that regularly. But yes, I know a lot of people who use it and love it.

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)